We’ll be at home to Harrogate Town in the FA Cup following today’s fourth round qualifying draw.
The game will be played at 3pm on Saturday 20th October, with £12,500 from the FA’s prize fund and, more importantly, a place in the first round on offer for the winner.
Should we beat Harrogate – regular opponents of ours from our Blue Square Bet North days – then it would be our first appearance in the first round since we lost to Darlington in 1994.
Town are currently 11th in the Conference North and, worryingly for Hyde, boast an impressive away record of 3 wins, 2 draws and a loss – with only their poor home record preventing them from being higher up the table.
Harrogate’s route to fourth round qualifying saw them win 3 – 2 at home to Frickley Athletic on Saturday and beat West Auckland Town 5 – 1 in a replay following a 2 – 2 draw in the original second round qualifying tie.
The other ties in the northern half of the draw are:
- Alfreton Town v Gateshead
- Hyde v Harrogate Town
- FC United Of Manchester v Hereford United
- Barrow v Tamworth
- Colwyn Bay or Guiseley v Hednesford Town or Buxton
- Grimsby Town v Kidderminster Harriers
- Bradford Park Avenue v Hinckley United or Ossett Albion
- Wrexham v Southport
- AFC Fylde v Ilkeston
- Boston United v Altrincham
- Lincoln City v Chester or FC Halifax Town
- Macclesfield Town v Marine
- Barwell or Workington v Mansfield Town
- Stockport County v Stalybridge Celtic
- AFC Telford United v Nuneaton Town